Buy Prime Investment Real Estate in Vietnam
Make the investment of a lifetime by taking advantage of Vietnam’s residential property market which has only recently been opened up to foreigners.
New Foreign Ownership Law
A new foreign ownership law passed on November 25th, 2014 opens up considerably more ownership options for Laguna Lăng Cô properties owners. The main highlights of this new law are as follows:
- Any foreign individual granted a visa to enter into Vietnam is permitted to purchase residential properties in Vietnam. All foreign organisations including investment funds, banks, Vietnamese branches and representative offices of foreign companies are eligible to buy under this new legislation.
- All types of property in the residential sector including condominiums and landed properties can be purchased.
- There is no limit to the amount of property a foreigner can buy
- Properties owned by foreign individuals can be sub-leased, traded, inherited, and collateralised. Properties owned by foreign organisations can only be used for their own staff accommodation.
- Foreign individuals and foreign organisations are able to purchase VietnamÃ¢ÂÂs residential properties with a renewable 50-year ownership certificate under their name. This certificate is issued by the Vietnamese Government. Foreign Individuals married to Vietnamese citizens are entitled to freehold tenure.
- This new legislation took effect on 1 July 2015.
There’s never been a better time to buy residential and resort property in Vietnam
In less than two decades, Vietnam has made remarkable progress in developing a legal framework and implementing policies to mobilise private investment. This is all the more impressive given that when it began this process, it was entirely closed to private and international investment. The country is now considered to be one of the prime real estate investment locations in the world.
In addition to this, the country has risen in the global mergers and acquisitions market in 2015 through the potent combination of active legal reforms and economic recovery. In 2015, mergers and acquisitions hit a new high of US$4.3 billion and is expected to increase again in 2016. In 2015, Vietnam moved up four places in the global M&A market, to 20th position, this is no small feat considering the country ranks 55th by GDP. On the whole, the economy is forecast to expand 6.7% in 2016.
With this booming economy set to rise again in 2016, there has never been a better time to invest in our resort property developments in Vietnam. To learn more about the range of resort real estate we have available, please donÃ¢ÂÂt hesitate to get in touch.